Inspire, Innovate, Teach
Salaried Teacher Training through School Direct
The School Direct training programme is open to graduates and career changers, as well as those that are already working at, or have an existing relationship with, a school and want to take the next step. It offers the chance to be part of a teaching team from day one, combining teacher training with on-the-job learning.
The Dacorum Teaching School Alliance is a collaboration of the University of Hertfordshire and 12 schools in West Herts, who have the combined aim of sustaining and promoting an exceptional quality of education for the students and communities they serve. Our schools include secondaries, special schools and pupil referral units.
Successful candidates will be paid a salary and attain qualified teacher status in one year, whilst having the chance to train alongside exceptional teachers in some of the best schools in the country and studying at the University of Hertfordshire one day a week.
We have opportunities for salaried training posts in September 2017 in the following subjects: Chemistry, Computing, Design and Technology, English, Geography, Mathematics, Modern Foreign Languages, Music and Physics.
If you have:
- a passion for education and a comitment to improving outcomes for all pupils
- GCSE Maths and English - grade C/Level 4 or equivalent
- 2:2 or above in a first degree, where at least 50% of the degree is in the subject you wish to teach
- 3 years of relevant work experience
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to gain qualified teacher status in one year whilst earning a salary
- experience of working with fantastic students at two contrasting schools
- practical, 'hands on' training designed to nurture the talents of future generaitons of outstanding teachers
- support from exceptional professional mentors and subject teachers
- a personalised proramme of support to develop your professional practise as a teacher
For up to date news follow the DTSA twitter feed @DTSA16.